Get the Power of Visa
Need a debit card? We'll issue your new card within minutes, and you can immediately use the card and self-selected PIN at ATM's and merchants. With a qualifying 1st CCU checking account your debit card gives you access to the cash in your account all over the world*, wherever Visa is accepted. You may select one of our five card designs.
Important Phone Numbers For Servicing Your Debit Card:
- Mon-Fri 8am – 5pm: 608-269-8121 or 1-888-706-1228
- Evenings & Weekends: 1-866-820-8787
- Report Lost/Stolen Card: 1-800-449-7728
You want your 1st CCU Visa card to work flawlessly while you're traveling, and we've made it easy! Simply contact 1st CCU to set up a travel notification a few days before you leave home and 1st CCU will take care of the rest. Provide us with the dates and locations of your travels and we will add notes to your debit card regarding your itinerary. We do this because transactions that do not meet your normal purchase patterns could be flagged by our card processing system as suspicious, and when we're able to update your debit card with your travel itinerary the system will recognize that your out-of-the-norm purchases are actually being made by you.
Travel Notifications need to be provided to 1st CCU in advance, at least a couple of business days before you leave home, in order to get them set up in time to prevent hiccups in card usage. If the notifications are received after business hours we will update the debit card on the next business day. However, for immediate assistance you can also call the phone number on the back of your debit card or reach out to the 24-hour cardholder services at 866-820-8787. To submit your travel information within 1st CCU Anywhere Online Banking or the 1st CCU Anywhere Mobile App please select the 'Message' quick button or select 'Messages' from the left menu. You'll need to do this a few days in advance for best results. Happy Travels!
If you have temporarily misplaced your Debit card but you think you might know where to find it, you can turn OFF your debit card in 1st CCU Anywhere Online and Mobile Banking while you are looking for it.
- Log into 1st CCU Anywhere Online Banking or log into the 1st CCU Anywhere Mobile App on your mobile device.
- On the Dashboard, look for the 'Card Management' section.
- Click or tap on the debit card that is temporarily missing and toggle the card to "OFF".
- While your card is 'Off' the system will not allow any Debit charges to come out of your account
- When you've found your Debit Card, don't forget to log into 1st CCU Anywhere and click to toggle the status back to 'ON'!
- Visa Debit Card Transactions: Effective March 28, 2022 you may use your Card in conjunction with your PIN to purchase goods and services at Point-of-Sale (POS) at any business establishment where the Card is accepted, not to exceed $3,000 per day, subject to the available funds in your account.
- *Due to numerous fraudulent transactions, 1st CCU cardholders will not be able to pay at the pump in some states. When purchasing fuel with your debit card you must go inside to pay with the cashier in these states:
- New York
- North Carolina
- *Mexico: Withdrawals and transactions in Mexico are currently limited to $205 per 24 hours at an ATM (including ATM fee) and $500 per 24 hours for purchase transactions.
Select or Change Your Debit Card PIN Number:
You may quickly and securely select your PIN (for new or reissued debit cards) or change your PIN with one phone call
- Call 1-866-985-2273
- For security purposes you must call from (or be able to verify) the phone number on file with 1st CCU
- PIN may be changed once in a 24-hour period
- You will be prompted to use your touchtone phone to enter authenticating information
- If the information you enter matches the information in the system you will be prompted to enter your chosen 4-digit PIN
- Your new PIN will be effective immediately
- Call 1-866-985-2273
Get More From Your Debit Card
Free Purchase Alerts Powered By VISA
Now you can keep tabs on your account anytime, anywhere. Near real-time* alerts, free for 1st CCU Visa cardholders.
You can receive a text message or email shortly after your Visa card has been used. So if there is fraudulent activity, you'll be notified and can act quickly to stop the situation.
Customize transaction alerts to fit your needs when your Visa card is used:
- For purchases over a specified dollar amount
- For purchases online, over the phone or through the mail
- For cash withdrawals at an ATM
- Outside the United States
Alerts are powered by Visa. To start enjoying more protection and peace of mind, SIGN UP HERE
*Actual time to receive Alerts powered by Visa dependent on wireless service and coverage within area. Alerts service may not be available in all areas. Gasoline alerts may not include purchase amount. Account activity qualifying for Alert service may vary by issuer. Additional restrictions apply.
- 1st Community Credit Union – Drive Up - 1000 W Wisconsin St, Sparta, WI
- 1st Community Credit Union – Drive Up - 1410 W Hwy 16, West Salem, WI
- 1st Community Credit Union - Drive Up - 220 Buan Street, Tomah, WI
- West Salem High School - 490 N. Mark St, West Salem, WI
**fee-free= Fee-free for all 1st Community Credit Union debit cards.
1st Community Credit Union follows OFAC regulations regarding not allowing transactions with sanctioned entities.