Online Banking FAQ
IMPORTANT: Your security is our priority and password requirements may have changed since the last time you logged into Online Banking. If you are prompted to change your password please follow the steps on the screen to select a new password that meets the requirements. If you use our Mobile App please remember that the password for the Mobile App is the same as your Online Banking password and any password changes apply to both platform.
- What do I need to access Online Banking?
IMPORTANT: You must have an email address on file at 1st CCU to be enrolled in Online Banking.
Note: When activating Online Banking for the 1st time you will need to be able to check your email without closing out of the browser you are using to log into Online Banking. Toward the end of the enrollment process you will need to click a button to have a verification email sent to you. Access your email without closing your browser and click the link inside the email to continue the enrollment process and the system will assign you a temporary password. Highlight and copy or write down the temporary password because you'll need to type or paste the temporary password into two fields to complete the enrollment.
Information About Website Compatibility
Our Online Banking provider supports the current and prior major release IE, Microsoft Edge, Firefox, Safari, and Chrome. When a new version is announced as Release To Web (RTW), support will cease on the third-oldest major version. Please note that utilizing old browsers may result in disabled functionality (you will not be able to log into Online Banking) or limited access to Online Banking services.
NOTE: On October 8, 2020 it was announced that support for Internet Explorer and the legacy Microsoft Edge browsers will be removed effective January 1, 2021 for Online Banking. If you are currently using Internet Explorer we recommend you switch to the new Microsoft Edge or another supported Browser. If you are using the legacy Microsoft Edge browser (any version of Edge less than 70) we recommend upgrading to the newer version or switching to another supported browser.
In general, compatible browsers/versions* include:
- MS Edge - Versions higher than 70
- Firefox version 31 and higher
- Safari version 9 and higher for Mac (see below for issues with Safari version 13.0.4)
- Google Chrome version 42 and higher
- The supported browsers listed above are for use with the traditional online banking interface and devices (desktop/laptop), and do not apply to use with mobile devices (phones/tablets). If using a phone or tablet to access online banking outside of a mobile app, functionality and appearance may vary from the traditional interface.
- Note: it is not recommended to use Compatibility View with Internet Explorer, as the user experience is degraded.
The following types of tools and/or access are not recommended and may impact experience:
- Accessing accounts via an embedded browser such as:
- Personal or Commercial Financial Management Software (Quicken, QuickBooks, etc)
- Browser bars within AOL, Yahoo, Google, etc
- Internet portal access within gaming system such as xBox
- Use of browser add-ins (emoticons, FunWeb services, etc)
- Beta versions of browsers
Some errors are resolved easily by closing your Internet browser completely, clearing your cache or browsing history, and then trying to log in once again. Be sure you are using an up-to-date browser.
- With the Safari browser window open select Safari from the menu and select Preferences
- When the Preferences window appears, Click Privacy
- In the Website tracking area, check Prevent cross-site tracking
- With the Privacy window still open uncheck Prevent cross-site tracking
- Close the Preferences window
- Attempt to access Bill Pay
- What happens the first time I logon to Online Banking? In most cases, the first time you logon you will be prompted to change your Password to one of your choice. Your new Password must be 8-20 characters in length.
- How do I use Online Banking? After you are in the Online Banking system you will be shown a list of your accounts and the balance in each account. If you have cross-accounts set up (accounts under another number or accounts for which you are a joint owner) you will also see those accounts in the account list.
- What if not all my accounts appear on my account list? You must be a sole or joint owner on an account (or you must have set up a cross-account at a 1 st CCU office) to have it added to your Online Banking profile. If an account falls in this category and is not shown on your listing, please contact 1 st Community Credit Union for assistance in setting up a cross-account.
- How current is the information about my accounts? Account transactions and balances are real-time and will change during the day as transactions are posted (debit transactions, deposits, withdrawals, etc). There may be delays from time to time because of processing or system issues, which we cannot control.
- Can I see Pending Transactions that have not hit my account yet? Yes, Pending Transactions can be viewed by clicking "Transactions" in the Online Banking tool bar and then selecting "Pending Transactions". The Pending Transactions screens shows you the account the transaction will hit, a description of the transaction, the transaction amount, and the date the transaction will effect your account. (i.e. if it's a deposit it will show the date the deposit will actually go into your account)
- What happens if I open a new account after I am already signed up for Online Banking? Any account can be added to your Online Banking profile as long as the account meets ownership requirements. Your New Accounts Representative would be happy to assist you. Please feel free to contact 1 st CCU or stop by one of our locations for assistance.
- Can I change my User Name and Password? Yes, you can change your User Name and Password as often as you want. Simply click on the tab "Settings" and follow the instructions.
- User ID’s must be between 6-20 characters, consist of at least 1 letter and 1 number, and it must be unique (not already used by another member). User name cannot include symbols.
- Your Password must be between 8-20 characters Alpha-Numeric. Passwords must contain at least 1 letter and at least one number or symbol. Cannot use previous 2 passwords, and the password cannot match or include your online banking user name.
- What if I enter the wrong User Name or Password? For security purposes, if you have too many invalid sign-on attempts the system will "freeze" you out. If you are frozen out, contact 1 st CCU at 608-269-8121 and we can unfreeze your account and/or reset your Password once we have verified your identity.
- What if I forgot my Password? We do not have access to your Password once it has been changed but there are a couple of ways to get your Password reset.
- We can reset you to a temporary password if you call 608-269-8121, 608-786-2420, or 888-706-1228.
- You may also reset your own Password by clicking the ‘Forgot My Password’ link and answering the challenge question that you originally set up the first time you logged into Online Banking.
- What can I do to protect my account and personal information while I’m using Online Banking?
- Memorize your User Name and Password
- Do NOT use the save password option on your computer
- Do NOT write down your password or reveal it to anyone
- Change your User Name and Password frequently
- Remember to click the ‘Log Off’ link in the upper right corner when leaving Online Banking
- What is meant by “Pseudo” names for my account? Pseudo Names are simply Nicknames. You may personalize or rename your accounts as they appear on the Online Banking screens. You can use up to 20 characters (do not use punctuation) to identify your accounts when using the Pseudo Name feature on the Settings/Account menu.
Pseudo Names apply only to the accounts listed under your account number. If you have cross-accounts set up you will not be able to assign Pseudo Names to them, and any Pseudo Names assigned to cross-accounts under their account number are not visible to you under your account login.
- Can I download my account information to my financial management software? Yes, you can download account information to Quicken, Microsoft Money or a spreadsheet program such as Excel. The information may also be saved as text and exported to your favorite word processing software. There are two ways to access the download function:
- Click “download” from the drop down box next to the account you wish to download. You can then select which account and a download range. When downloading account information, save the information to a designated file folder on your computer, or specify the destination required for Quicken or Microsoft Money. To retrieve the saved account information, please follow the instructions on your software application (Quicken, Microsoft Money, etc.).
- On the Account screen find the sub-menu named Download and select the account you wish to download from the dropdown.
Due to a recent update that affects QuickBooks/Quicken users with fewer than 16 account digits, some QuickBooks/Quicken users may receive a software prompt to re-enter their account number(s) because the account number setup does not match identically. If you use QuickBooks/Quicken software and you are prompted to setup a new account within the QuickBooks/Quicken software, please know that this should be a one-time process.
- What if I get an error message? If you get an error message, please call 1 st CCU during business hours and we will make every effort to resolve the issue as soon as possible.
Accessibility: If you have difficulty accessing this webpage or any element of 1st Community Credit Union's website, please call us at 888-706-1228 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will work with you to provide the information you seek through a communication method that is accessible to you. 1st Community Credit Union is actively taking steps to further enhance the accessibility of our website for our members. This is an ongoing project.