Saturday, August 5, 2023
Free Shred Event
- 1st CCU in West Salem, 1410 W. Hwy 16
- 8:30 – 11:30 AM
- This event is free and open to the public
- We are collecting non-perishable food donations during this event. Donating is optional!
Please follow these guidelines:
- Up to 3 brown paper bags or three medium-sized boxes (100 lbs) per person may be shredded.
- Safe destruction of outdated, sensitive financial statements*, receipts, invoices, check/check duplicates, etc. will be shredded on-site.
- All types of paper are fine (staples and paper clips can be shredded but please remove butterfly clips). 3-ring binders and other hard covers are not accepted, please remove the paper from the covers.
- Please do not bring other items to be shredded, the mobile shredding truck accepts paper only.
*Consult a tax advisor for guidance on tax return retention. Do not destroy documents tied to pending litigation and never destroy vital records such as wills, deeds, titles, birth or death certificates, etc.