CATCH THESE GREAT RATES! Rates effective 8/14/2018
When it comes to growing your savings, keep your eye on the ball! Share Certificates allow you to earn a higher rate of return than a regular savings account. Short-term or a long-term, this high-yield option helps your money grow safely and securely. Click above to see all Savings Rates.
Regular Share Certificates from 0.90% to 2.74% APY* and Jumbo** Share Certificates from 1.71% to 2.84% APY
Special Certificates available for a limited time:
- 15 Month Certificate Special 2.40% |2.43% Annual Percentage Yield 1
- 25 Month Certificate Special 2.60% |2.63% Annual Percentage Yield 2
- 65 Month Certificate Special 3.00% |3.04% Annual Percentage Yield 3
*APY=Annual Percentage Yield. The Annual Percentage Yield is based on an assumption that dividends will remain in the account until maturity. A withdrawal will reduce earnings. A penalty may be imposed for withdrawals before maturity. Membership eligibility required. Rates subject to change daily. Subject to minimum opening deposit requirements, minimum balances to receive the posted rate, early withdrawal penalties. Contact 1st CCU for full details, qualifications, restrictions, funds availability, terms and conditions. Regular Share Certificates have minimum opening deposit of $1,000 ($500 for minor). Balances below $1,000 for a Regular Share Certificate ($500 for a minor) may be subject to penalty and will reduce the stated APY.
**Jumbo Share Certificates require minimum opening deposit of $100,000. Balances below $100,000 for a Jumbo Share Certificate may be subject to penalty and will reduce the stated APY.
1. Guaranteed rate for term of the certificate, minimum $1,000 to open. Offer not available for IRA Certificates. At the end of the term, the 15 month Share Certificate will auto-renew as a 12-month Share Certificate.↩
2. Guaranteed rate for term of the certificate, minimum $1,000 to open. Offer not available for IRA Certificates. At the end of the term, the 25 month Share Certificate will auto-renew as a 24-month Share Certificate.↩
3. Guaranteed rate for term of the certificate, minimum $1,000 to open. Offer not available for IRA Certificates. At the end of the term, the 65 month Share Certificate will auto-renew as a 60-month Share Certificate.↩
PRIMARY SHARE ACCOUNT
ULTIMATE SAVINGS ACCOUNT
MONEY MARKET SHARE DRAFT ACCOUNT
NON-INTEREST BEARING SHARE ACCOUNT
CHRISTMAS CLUB ACCOUNT
NEXT GENERATION YOUTH ACCOUNTS
- Open with as little as $5.00
- Punch card to track qualifying deposits
- Redeem punched cards for prizes
- Games that teach kids about money
- Federally insured by NCUA
Are your kids on the right track to financial independence?
For many of today's young adults, the weakest link lies in learning the basics. Only 35% of teens know how to balance a checking account or manage credit cards. During the past several years, a decline in overall financial knowledge is especially pronounced among 18-year-olds, and 13% fewer teens have bank accounts.*
Achieving economic prosperity is difficult, and it's especially hard for young people who've never learned how to manage money.
Your credit union is ideally positioned to respond because we believe in the power of education. We're here to help you launch the youth in your life toward financial independence, and here’s how:
- Join. For starters, open a credit union savings account for each child in your family. As soon as your children can write, have them fill out deposit and withdrawal slips. Guide teenagers through using a debit card and tracking transactions.
- Share. Include your children in household money discussions. Show them how you budget income and expenses. As their skills improve, give them challenges—such as finding a better cell phone plan, calculating the total monthly cost of owning a car, or sticking to a budget for back-to-school or holiday spending.
- Coach. Remind your children to ask for help when they need it. And turn to your credit union when you want help. Our tradition of service and philosophy of self-help make 1st Community Credit Union and all credit unions a natural partner in pursuing financial security.