News & Events
Upcoming Holiday Hours And Special Events:
- Meet The Centsables! 1st CCU is proud to introduce our new super-pals
- Coloring Contest - Kids may pick up the Coloring Page at 1st CCU. Deadline to submit coloring page is April 30th
- Double Punches on punch card when child makes a deposit to savings on Thursdays, Fridays or Saturdays in April
- Children who open their first Youth Membership Savings Account during April will receive a Welcome Kit and Triple Punch for their opening deposit
La Crosse Speedway Special Offer
You can save on La Crosse Speedway admission on select days simply by paying for your admission with your 1st CCU debit or credit card! Don't have a 1st CCU debit or credit card? Apply today at 1st CCU in Sparta or West Salem.
These 4 nights your admission is only $5 when you pay with your 1st CCU debit or credit card at La Crosse Speedway:
- May 18, 2019
- June 1, 2019
- June 8, 2019
- June 15, 2019
Noah's Ark Discounted Admission for 1st CCU Members
1st Community Credit Union members qualify for a discounted admission to Noah's Ark Waterpark in Wisconsin Dells during the 2019 season. Save over 40% on tickets when you use Promo Code 1STCCU2019 to purchase tickets via their website.Last summer the water park opened Raja - The World's Largest King Cobra, standing six stories high, 335 feet long, with speeds up to 30 mph. This summer they will be opening the Safari Adventure 18 hold Mini Golf.
1st Community Credit Union is not responsible for replacing or reimbursing tickets that are lost, stolen, unused, damaged, destroyed, or otherwise unusable. The credit union is not affiliated in any way with the water parks of Wisconsin Dells. For full information about Park Attractions, amenities, restrictions, and ride height requirements, visit the park’s website at noahsarkwaterpark.com, in person at 1410 Wisconsin Dells Parkway, or contact them by phone at (608) 254-6351.
Wisconsin Dells Passport To Savings
1st Community Credit Union members who are looking to save a little money on a family outing may want to take advantage of the Passport To Savings Coupon available at passporttosavings.com/2019coupon/. Using the coupon could save you up to 35% on 13 great Wisconsin Dells Attractions. Print the coupon from the Passport To Savings website and take it to Wisconsin Dells with you. Once you are in the Dells simply present the coupon at any Passport To Savings ticket booth (locations provided on the website) to purchase discounted admissions at participating Wisconsin Dells attractions. Or you may order Passport To Savings tickets in advance on their website. Please contact Passport To Savings if you have questions: (608) 254-2525.
1st CCU is not affiliated with Passport To Savings.
Debit Restrictions Due To Increased Fraudulent Activity In Georgia and Michigan:
- Due to numerous fraudulent transactions detected in the state of Georgia, all 1st CCU cardholders who are performing debit card transactions in Georgia will be required to insert the debit card into a Chip Reader rather than swiping the card.
- All Marathon Petro gas pump users will not be able to use their cards to pay at the pump. You will need to go inside and use the Chip Reader to pay.
- Due to numerous fraudulent transactions detected in the state of Michigan, card transactions originating in Michigan may be subject to restrictions.
- Click the Security Information image on the right to view more scam and fraud information.
Please make sure your computer settings use TLS 1.1 and higher for accessing 1st CCU's website, Online Banking, and Bill Pay.
In general, compatible browsers/versions* include:
- Internet Explorer version 11
- MS Edge-all versions
- Firefox version 31 and higher
- Safari version 9 and higher for Mac
- Google Chrome version 42 and higher
*Other browsers not listed may still have functionality, but are not recommended and are compatible only in a limited manner. For example, members using Internet Explorer 10 and lower may need to manually enable TLS 1.1 and 1.2 protocols on the Advance tab in IE via Tools>Internet Options to continue accessing the website. Other members using older Operating Systems and browser combinations might be unable to get to the site if they are not able to access without TLS 1.0 (most notably IE 6 and 8 users on Windows XP or Vista platforms).
Electronic Delivery Of Tax Documents:
If you are enrolled in eStatements, any tax documents you receive from 1st CCU were also delivered to you electronically. Tax documents are sent to account holders who have earned $10 or more in dividends and paid $600 or more on a mortgage loan. Sign into your account via Online Banking to view, download, or print them. Account holders who are not signed up for eStatements were sent any applicable tax forms via mail by January 31, 2018.
When the eTax document is delivered to your Online Banking account you will receive an email notification that it is available. Follow these steps to view, save, or print the document:
- Log into Online Banking (Note: If you have multiple membership accounts please log into each individual account to retrieve any Tax Documents for the account. Tax documents are accessible only within the individual account, they are not set up for cross-account access.)
- Click on the eStatement Tab
- Click on the eTax sub-tab
- Click on the date of the Tax document you wish to view, download, or print
If you have any questions please contact 1st CCU by calling 888-706-1228 or by sending us a secure message via the Online Banking Message Center.
- Never Give Out Your Online Banking or Mobile Banking User Name and Password!
- Pay Attention To Account Activity:
You are responsible for monitoring your account activity and notifying your financial institution of suspicious activity or fraudulent charges. Online Banking, Mobile Banking, and AccessPoint Credit Card Account Access are offered free of charge to 1st CCU members, as well as monthly paper statements and eStatements. 1st CCU also offers free E-Alerts for notification of daily account balance, online banking logins, and certain electronic transaction activity. For additional protection, ask a Member Service Representative to place a Password on your account. Once you've placed a secure password on your account you will give the password anytime you request information or transactions on your account in person or over the phone.
- Inspect Credit Reports Annually:
All consumers are entitled to a free copy of their credit report every 12 months from each of the 3 major credit reporting agencies. The ONLY website authorized by the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) to provide these free credit report copies is www.AnnualCreditReport.com. Consumers without internet access may request their free copies by calling 1-877-322-8228 or send a request by mail to: Annual Credit Report Request Service, PO Box 105281, Atlanta, GA 30348-5281.
- Don't Become A Victim Of Phishing Scams:
Always question any suspicious or "official-looking" emails, letters, or phone calls that ask for verification of sensitive information, and never click on links in unexpected or suspicious emails or social media messages.
- Protect Your Device:
Every consumer who owns a computer, smart phone, tablet, or other internet-enabled device should understand what software and systems they have and configure them securely.
- Use Strong Passwords:
When you use the same User ID and Password across several websites you increase your risk. Use strong, unique passwords and don't recycle the same passwords for multiple online accounts.
- Inform Others:
Tell elderly family members about scams and phishing attacks, even if they don't have internet access. They can still become victims of scams during phone calls and mail if they don't know the warning signs.
1st Community Credit Union Has Purchased Land To Build A New Tomah Branch
On January 21, 2019 1st Community Credit Union announced that it has purchased land on Tomah's North side between Buan Street and West McCoy Boulevard. This is to be the location of 1st CCU's new branch. The new facility, nearly 4,000 square feet, will include a full-service lobby, member focused technology center, drive-up and ATM.
"We are excited about the growth our credit union has experienced over the past couple of years," President Brad Bauges says in a a prepared statement. "Building a progressive and innovative retail branch in Tomah was an obvious next step for us." He goes on to say "At this new branch, current and future Tomah members will benefit from our friendly, knowledgeable service, combined with enhancements that provide an improved 24/7 experience".
The new Tomah branch will feature teller services, new accounts, consumer loans, home loans and more. An anticipated opening date has yet to be decided.