News & Events
- Where: Jake's Northwoods, 1132 Angelo Rd, Sparta, WI
- Time: 6:00 pm Registration and Social, 6:30 pm Business Meeting
- The purpose of the Annual Meeting is to receive the Annual Report for the fiscal year ending December 31, 2019. All credit union members are welcome to attend.
- To be eligible to vote you must be the primary member on your account, you must be 18 years old or older, and your membership account must be open at least 90 days.
1st Community Credit Union Field Of Membership Expansion
Brad Bauges, President/CEO of 1st Community Credit Union, announced on November 11, 2019 that 1st CCU received approval from the Office of Credit Unions to expand their field of membership from five counties to fourteen counties in Wisconsin.
With this field of membership expansion 1st CCU can now serve anyone who lives or works in Monroe, La Crosse, Trempealeau, Jackson, Buffalo, Eau Claire, Clark, Wood, Juneau, Adams, Sauk, Richland, Vernon, and Crawford counties.
According to Bauges, "The purpose of 1st Community Credit Union is to provide a source of credit at a fair and reasonable rate to the members of the communities we serve. In addition, 1st CCU's members enjoy fewer fees and better savings rates. Credit Unions live by the philosophy of people helping people, and our employees are your neighbors. We're looking forward to serving our members' financial needs and supporting the communities in these new areas."
Debit Restrictions Due To Increased Fraudulent Activity In Georgia and Michigan:
- Due to numerous fraudulent transactions detected in the state of Georgia, all 1st CCU cardholders who are performing debit card transactions in Georgia will be required to insert the debit card into a Chip Reader rather than swiping the card.
- All Marathon Petro gas pump users will not be able to use their cards to pay at the pump. You will need to go inside and use the Chip Reader to pay.
- Due to numerous fraudulent transactions detected in the state of Michigan, card transactions originating in Michigan may be subject to restrictions.
- Click the Security Information image on the right to view more scam and fraud information.
Please make sure your computer settings use TLS 1.1 and higher for accessing 1st CCU's website, Online Banking, and Bill Pay.
In general, compatible browsers/versions* include:
- Internet Explorer version 11
- MS Edge-all versions
- Firefox version 31 and higher
- Safari version 9 and higher for Mac
- Google Chrome version 42 and higher
*Other browsers not listed may still have functionality, but are not recommended and are compatible only in a limited manner. For example, members using Internet Explorer 10 and lower may need to manually enable TLS 1.1 and 1.2 protocols on the Advance tab in IE via Tools>Internet Options to continue accessing the website. Other members using older Operating Systems and browser combinations might be unable to get to the site if they are not able to access without TLS 1.0 (most notably IE 6 and 8 users on Windows XP or Vista platforms).
- Never Give Out Your Online Banking or Mobile Banking User Name and Password!
- Pay Attention To Account Activity:
You are responsible for monitoring your account activity and notifying your financial institution of suspicious activity or fraudulent charges. Online Banking, Mobile Banking, and AccessPoint Credit Card Account Access are offered free of charge to 1st CCU members, as well as monthly paper statements and eStatements. 1st CCU also offers free E-Alerts for notification of daily account balance, online banking logins, and certain electronic transaction activity. For additional protection, ask a Member Service Representative to place a Password on your account. Once you've placed a secure password on your account you will give the password anytime you request information or transactions on your account in person or over the phone.
- Inspect Credit Reports Annually:
All consumers are entitled to a free copy of their credit report every 12 months from each of the 3 major credit reporting agencies. The ONLY website authorized by the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) to provide these free credit report copies is www.AnnualCreditReport.com. Consumers without internet access may request their free copies by calling 1-877-322-8228 or send a request by mail to: Annual Credit Report Request Service, PO Box 105281, Atlanta, GA 30348-5281.
- Don't Become A Victim Of Phishing Scams:
Always question any suspicious or "official-looking" emails, letters, or phone calls that ask for verification of sensitive information, and never click on links in unexpected or suspicious emails or social media messages.
- Protect Your Device:
Every consumer who owns a computer, smart phone, tablet, or other internet-enabled device should understand what software and systems they have and configure them securely.
- Use Strong Passwords:
When you use the same User ID and Password across several websites you increase your risk. Use strong, unique passwords and don't recycle the same passwords for multiple online accounts.
- Inform Others:
Tell elderly family members about scams and phishing attacks, even if they don't have internet access. They can still become victims of scams during phone calls and mail if they don't know the warning signs.