News & Events
- Our offices will be closed on Monday, September 5th in observance of Labor Day
- Our offices will be closed on Monday, October 10th in observance of Columbus Day
- Our offices will be closed on Thursday, November 24th in observance of Thanksgiving
- Date: Saturday, September 10th
- Time: 8:00 am - 11:00 am
- Location: 1st CCU's Sparta office, located at 1000 W. Wisconsin Street (west of Hansen's IGA and Dairy Queen)
- Free shredding of up to 3 boxes/bags of outdated sensitive documents per person (we ask that you please consider bringing a non-perishable food item for the local food pantry in exchange for the free shredding)
- Safe destruction of outdated financial statements, receipts, invoices, checks/check duplicates, etc. will be shredded on-site in the mobile shredding truck. (Consult a tax advisor for advice on tax return retention. Do not destroy documents tied to pending litigation. Never destroy vital records such as wills, deeds, titles, birth or death certificates, etc.)
- All types of paper can be shredded.
- Staples and Paper Clips do NOT need to be removed
- We're sorry, 3-ring binders, other hard covers, and discs cannot be shredded. Please remove papers from hard covers ahead of time. Only paper is accepted for shredding.
We're excited to once again be participating in the Credit Union Give Back Sweepstakes. Click the image above to go to the Sweepstakes Website to view the Sweepstakes Rules, Alternate Entry info, and Full Sweepstakes Details.
SUMMER SAVINGS FOR 1ST CCU MEMBERS!
Use our ZIX Secure Email whenever you need to securely send messages or documents to an employee at 1st Community Credit Union. All information sent via ZIX Secure Email is encrypted, so your social security number, account numbers, and other sensitive personal identification information will be safely transferred. It's easy to use, just click the button above to go to the ZIX Portal and register (or sign in if you already have a ZIX account) to get started.
Debit Restrictions: Due to numerous fraudulent transactions, 1st CCU cardholders will not be able to pay at the pump in some states. When purchasing fuel with your debit card you must go inside to pay with the cashier in these states:
- New York
- North Carolina
- Click the Security Information image above to view more scam and fraud information.
NEVER, NEVER, EVER give out your online banking user name and password to ANYONE. Never give out your account number in response to an email or phone call or text that claims they need to deposit money into your account. Your account number and online banking credentials should always be kept private and secure to avoid becoming a victim of fraud.
Be smart, be safe, and always contact your financial institutions if you believe that you may have given out information that you should not have disclosed.
- Never Give Out Your Online Banking or Mobile Banking User Name and Password!
- Pay Attention To Account Activity:
You are responsible for monitoring your account activity and notifying your financial institution of suspicious activity or fraudulent charges. Online Banking, Mobile Banking, and AccessPoint Credit Card Account Access are offered free of charge to 1st CCU members, as well as monthly paper statements and eStatements. 1st CCU also offers free E-Alerts for notification of daily account balance, online banking logins, and certain electronic transaction activity. For additional protection, ask a Member Service Representative to place a Password on your account. Once you've placed a secure password on your account you will give the password anytime you request information or transactions on your account in person or over the phone.
- Inspect Credit Reports Annually:
All consumers are entitled to a free copy of their credit report every 12 months from each of the 3 major credit reporting agencies. The ONLY website authorized by the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) to provide these free credit report copies is www.AnnualCreditReport.com. Consumers without internet access may request their free copies by calling 1-877-322-8228 or send a request by mail to: Annual Credit Report Request Service, PO Box 105281, Atlanta, GA 30348-5281.
- Don't Become A Victim Of Phishing Scams:
Always question any suspicious or "official-looking" emails, letters, or phone calls that ask for verification of sensitive information, and never click on links in unexpected or suspicious emails or social media messages.
- Protect Your Device:
Every consumer who owns a computer, smart phone, tablet, or other internet-enabled device should understand what software and systems they have and configure them securely.
- Use Strong Passwords:
When you use the same User ID and Password across several websites you increase your risk. Use strong, unique passwords and don't recycle the same passwords for multiple online accounts.
- Inform Others:
Tell elderly family members about scams and phishing attacks, even if they don't have internet access. They can still become victims of scams during phone calls and mail if they don't know the warning signs.