1st Rewards Checking
- Post at least 15 debit card purchases posted to your 1st Rewards Checking account monthly
- Receive eStatements monthly
- Receive at least one direct/ACH deposit posted to your account monthly
- You get up to $20.00 in foreign ATM fees refunded back to your account per month
- You earn a higher rate of 2.76% APY* on your 1st Rewards Checking balance up to $15,000
- You earn a lower rate of 0.40% APY on your 1st Rewards Checking balance over $15,000
*APY=Annual Percentage Yield. Rates displayed above are the most current published rates and could change at any time without warning. Subject to account approval. Some restrictions apply. When your 1st Rewards Checking qualifications have not been met the dividend paid on the entire balance will be 0.05% APY and you will not receive ATM surcharge refunds. Debit Purchase transactions must post to and settle on your 1st Rewards Checking account during the calendar month in order to receive the Rewards. We post purchases to your account when we receive them from the merchant, and that may occur one or more days after the purchase date. Purchases that have been initiated but not posted as of the end of the cycle will not count as a qualifying transaction for that cycle (but will count in the following cycle when they post). Limit of one 1st Rewards Checking Account per member account. Business checking accounts do not qualify. Statement and Dividend cycles are monthly. Fees may reduce earnings.
**Foreign ATM fees are fees that another financial institution may charge you during an ATM transaction when you are using their ATM. Limit of up to $20.00 in ATM refunds per qualification cycle.
1st Rewards Checking FAQ's
When I open a 1st Rewards Checking will I get a debit card right away?
Yes! You’ll walk out the door the same day with an Instant Issue Visa Debit Card that you can start using immediately.
Do I need to have the Direct Deposit or ACH go into my checking account? What if I already have a Direct Deposit going into my Savings?
The direct deposit or ACH Deposit can go into any share within the account you are opening the 1st Rewards Checking under.
Is there a minimum deposit or balance requirement?
No minimum balance requirements.
If I switch my existing checking to 1st Rewards Checking:
- Will I need to order new checks? No, your checks stay the same!
- Will my account number change? No, your account number will stay the same!
- Will I need a new debit card? No, you keep using your existing debit card!
- Will I need to change my direct deposit/ACH deposit? No, everything stays the same!
- To switch your existing 1st CCU checking to 1st Rewards Checking: We just need all account holders on your checking account to sign a new agreement.
If I convert to 1st Rewards Checking mid-month will my debit purchases and direct/ACH deposit from the beginning of the month count toward the required 15 debit purchases?
Yes! The system looks at the entire month when you convert. It will look back to all activity from the 1st day of that month to see if you've posted the 15 debit card purchases, had at least one direct/ACH deposit, and that you are enrolled in eStatements. Each month when you've met all three requirements you'll receive an email letting you know that you've qualified.
Can I open a 1st Rewards Checking Account if I don’t want a debit card, monthly eStatements or direct deposits/ACH deposits?
No. All three requirements must be met in order to open a 1st Rewards Checking Account.
Can I receive monthly eStatements AND monthly paper statements?
No. Statement selection is one or the other. If you prefer paper statements then the 1st Rewards Checking account is not the right fit for you.
What happens if I do 15 debit card purchases but only 14 post to my account in the month?
You will not qualify for the Rewards at the end of that month. We’ll email you each month to let you know if you have met the three requirements. If you don’t earn the Rewards during one month, no worries! You’ll simply earn a lower dividend on your 1st Rewards Checking balance that month. If you meet the three requirements the following month then you’ll once again be Rewarded with the higher dividends and up to $20 in ATM refunds again.
Do transactions at an ATM count as part of my 15 debit card purchases?
No. Transactions need to be Point-of-Sale purchase transactions. Transactions processed by merchants and received by 1st CCU as ATM transactions do not county towards qualifying debit card purchases. Only debit card purchases processed by merchants and received by 1st CCU as Point Of Sale (POS) transactions count.
What are Foreign ATM Fee’s and how do they get refunded?
This is a fee that a financial institution may charge when you use their ATM. A Foreign ATM is an ATM that is not owned by 1st CCU. Our processing system looks at transactions and can determine which part of an ATM transaction is a fee. If the transactions post to your account in the month and you have met all other qualifications, you’ll be Rewarded with a refund of your foreign ATM fees for that month, up to $20.
What is an ACH Deposit?
ACH stands for Automated Clearing House, a network that connects more than 25,000 financial institutions around the country to move money electronically. When you give your account number to an employer, company, or government entity so they can send payment directly into your account that is an ACH Deposit.
How do I enroll in eStatements?
Enrolling and accessing your eStatements is easy!
- To enroll: Log into Online Banking and click on the Services tab, select the bottom option “EStatement Enrollment” by clicking the ‘Continue’ button, and complete the enrollment.
- You’ll receive an email each month when your statement is ready. To view, log into Online Banking and click the eStatements tab. The eStatement opens in PDF format. eStatements are archived for 18 months.
Federally insured by NCUA. Membership eligibility required. Anyone who lives or works in the counties of Monroe, La Crosse, Jackson, Trempealeau and Vernon is eligible to become a member of 1st Community Credit Union. Immediate family members of existing 1st CCU members are also eligible to join, no matter where they live, including spouses, children and step-children, parents and step-parents, and siblings.