Membership and New Accounts At Your Fingertips!
1st CCU Is Celebrating 60 Years!
It began in 1961 when a group of individuals met and decided there was a need to provide low cost credit within the Sparta community. As a result, our Credit Union was formed, receiving its charter in July 1961. 60 years later and here we are! From a shared office in downtown Sparta to 3 full-service branches and a student branch. From less than a dozen founding members to serving over 13,000 members with assets totaling over $200 Million!
- In 1963 the first full-time Manager was appointed when membership had reached 850 members with total assets of $11,000
- Changed the name from Sparta Community Credit Union to 1st Community Credit Union and established a small branch office in West Salem in 1981
- Built an office at 218 W. Main Street in Sparta in 1985
- Relocated the West Salem branch to its current location in 1986
- By the close of 1990 the credit union had 4,681 members with assets totaling $19.2 Million
- Built the current Sparta office on W. Wisconsin Street in 2004
- Reached 10,000 members in the summer of 2009
- Established a Student Branch in the Sparta High School in 2015
- Expanded the field of membership from 5 counties to 14 counties
- Opened a Pop-Up Branch in Tomah in 2019, followed by the opening of the permanent Tomah branch on Buan Street in early 2020
- Monday thru Friday from 8:30 am - 5:00 pm
- Monday thru Thursday from 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
- Fridays from 8:00 am - 5:30 pm
- Saturdays from 8:30 am - 11:30 am
Tomah Timberwolves Debit Card
Get the power of Visa...instantly! When you open a checking account at 1st Community Credit Union you can select from one of our five debit card designs. When you select the Tomah Timberwolves design you can show your school spirit every time you swipe!
1st Community Credit Union
220 Buan Street ~ PO Box 407 ~ Tomah, WI 54660
608-377-7730 or 888-706-1228
Use our ZIX Secure Email whenever you need to securely send messages or documents to an employee at 1st Community Credit Union. All information sent via ZIX Secure Email is encrypted, so your social security number, account numbers, and other sensitive personal identification information will be safely transferred. It's easy to use, just click the button above to go to the ZIX Portal and register (or sign in if you already have a ZIX account) to get started.
Effective January 1, 2021 support for Internet Explorer and the legacy version of Edge (any version of Edge less than 70) will end. If you use these browsers it will affect your access to Online Banking.
If you are currently using Internet Explorer it is recommended that you switch to the new Microsoft Edge or another supported browser. If you are using legacy Microsoft Edge (versions less than 70) it is recommended that you upgrade to the newer version of Edge or switch to another supported browser.
Our Online Banking provider supports the current and prior major release of the browsers listed below. When a new version is announced as Release To Web (RTW), support will cease on the third-oldest major version. Please note that utilizing old browsers may result in disabled functionality (you will not be able to log into Online Banking) or limited access to Online Banking services.
In general, compatible browsers/version* (as of December 2021) include the two most recent major releases of:
Microsoft Edge - Versions higher than 70
Firefox (Firefox releases a new major release in four-week cycles)
Safari - Apple/Mac Users only
The supported browsers are for use with the traditional online banking interface and devices (desktop/laptop) and do not apply to use with mobile devices (phones/tablets). If using a phone or tablet to access online banking outside of a mobile app, functionality and appearance may vary from the traditional interface.